A christmas wish

OMG...I have been wanting a singer sewing machine for years and years, but I wouldnt pay the money for one....

I finally got one... saved from the crush of death in the metal skip it was like all my Christmases came at once.
 
1929
 
 
what is so special about this sewing machine is the hand crank on the side. With the introduction of electricity, many of these machines were converted to electric by the addition of a motor. The hand cranks almost disappeared. With a motor, you could do twice as much work.When you see a Singer like this one today, it will more than likely have a motor on it--not a hand crank.
 
 
 
Pretty Pretty
 
 
 
It aslo came with the original instruction book, needles and other bits n bobs
 
 
 
Aso has original lid and key...whoop whoop!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Hey lady - the machine looks amazing...I started my sewing career with one of these when I was about 10 - they rock!
    Everything here looks really teriffic - you're a genius ;p
    Met you @ O'Malleys a few weeks ago and you gave me this link...be lovely to get in touch :)
    Lizzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey lizzi...so lovely to hear from you....You lucky thing you leaarning to sew on one of these...I didnt get to try a sewing machine until I was 15 working in a factory and using a big industrial one!!!

      Delete
    2. hey lizzi...I hope you get this, I cant find your wee card you gave me with your details. I was wondering do you know how to use a knitting machine??? I just got myself a vintage singer one and im desperate to learn how to use it.x

      Delete
  2. your work is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts