My Shop

Sunday, 20 October 2013

Valor 106R Paraffin Heater

 
 
Oh look what I found in a skip today a 1920s valor paraffin heater full of rust..
there is a definite moroccan feel to this little beauty...the front door has a traditional moroccan design on it, but the heater was made in England a london company.
I was thinking going white with some retro scandi folk art print...but once I got a feel for it I changed my mind...and went modern moroccan with it...
 
A wee before pic...
 
 
 
Now its still a work in progress but heres were im at so far...Although I want to use a modern Moroccan design I want it to look like its really old ...not like below.

 
So Ive completely distressed it before I start the next phase...
 
 
I don't want to add the tile design all over..just enough to make it look like the pattern has disappeared over time...once its dry I will take the sandpaper over it again...
 
 
The Lights...The Lights...
 

 And a wee update today...


Forget absolutely everything I was going to do in the above posts...
here it is today...

No comments:

Post a Comment