Architectural Letter Tutorial

This has been one of those many projects Ive been meaning to do... 
you know the ones???
Heres how it came about...
I bought a new oil filled radiator online..
it was delivered in a nice big cardboard box ...
a box perfect for my project..
A cereal box just wouldnt have been the right size!
 
A 3D Letter S..
24" x 15"

                                               
I started off drawing the letter S freehand on a big piece of paper.
I really wish I had taken longer to research S fonts..
Im always the same i rush into every project!


I traced the letter onto the cardboard...
  cut out two pieces for the back and front.
I rolled and taped 2" pieces of card and glued them to the base.
2" is the thickness of the Letter.


Covered the top piece in glue and stuck it on.
I left it to dry overnight.
I forgot to take a pic on how to do the sides..
It really is the easiest part.. 
Cut 2 inch strips and just tape them to the top and the bottom.


DO NOT DO THIS ...
I decided to cover it in plaster of paris...
  It softened the cardboard and ended up in an absoloute mess...
  I had to strip the lot back to above photo and start again!

                                                                               A wee close up



Comments

Popular Posts