Louis Plaster Fire Surround

I have been wanting one of these since I started this blog in 2012...
Can you imagine my excitement when I walked in to a charity shop in Hawick last week and seen this....battered, discoloured and plaster crumbling little guy for £50.00


I never bought it..my son talked me out of it, saying I had no room for it...
A full day went by and I just couldnt forget..where to put it played over and over in mind...where could I put it..bathroom? no...hallway?..no just forget it...you have no space...MY BEDROOM!! I can remove the existing one and put it there...
The next day came and I watched the clock until 9am...hoping and praying no-one had found it...by 9.03 it was mine!!


The first job I had was to plaster all the missing bits which you dont see in the picture...
Then a coat of chalk paint...
but it was to grey for me I wanted a more linen colour...


 Next job was the hearth the one that was aready there was way to small.
I used some more vinyl tiles I had left over from the hallway to make the hearth bigger.


Here it is...im so pleased with it...
 
 



Comments

Popular Posts