Dressing Room Fire Surround

We found this wardrobe mirror (to the right of the pic) last year in a second hand shop in Galashiels. I wanted it to be freestanding  as I knew I wouldn't have much wall space with all the telescopic clothes poles so JD put a back on it so I can move it around the floor.. I painted it in my fav new paint I mixed up yesterday Coral/Terracotta? I haven't waxed it yet I will show a better pic of it in the next few days and a better pic of the beautiful marble insert he made at my window.



We had been given this fireplace from JDs Mum. The hearth and back was real marble which we used in the dressing room as a vanity desk but the fire itself was just plastic. I mixed up this colour not sure what it is..Light Coral, Terracotta? I used red paint with some white a wee touch of grey and some yellow. I like it...Im still hating the dark wall though I want to get in there and paint it right out!!! Im going to make a faux hearth this week with some patterned black and white sticky back tiles. Ive still to wax and age the fire surround. This should dull it a wee bit. 



Comments

Popular Posts